September Classes & Upcoming events

OK I give up, here are all the important things from this weeks newsletter, I’ll talk to some computer people and see if I can’t get the remaining bugs out, fingers crossed!

A Spellbound Christmas ~ 1 Die, 4 Creations $30
Saturday September 5th @ 10:30am
I told you that as soon as I got my hands on the Fleur de Lis Pendant Die that I would do another Spellbinder’s class and here it is! Using just the one Die (because it’s my favorite!) we will create 3 Cards and 1 ornament. I will show you how the Pendant Die’s cut, emboss and stencil in this class as well as show you how to manipulate the shape to create depth and dimension. I will also be giving away a Fleur de Lis die (or another of your choice) as a door prize just for fun! This class was very popular last time around so be sure to book your space soon by e-mailing us at [email protected]

Lovely Layers Card Workshop $25
Every Tuesday in September @ 10:30am
I’m stepping out of my comfort zone again on this one and I’m really liking the results! We’ll be using some classic patterned paper from Daisy D’s to create 4 all occasion cards.
This class is guaranteed to finish within 2 hours. To register please e-mail us here [email protected]

Lori’s Back to School Mini Album $15
Every Thursday in September @ 10:30am
Lori has created this cutie patootie little album to house all the pics you’ve taken of your little ones going back to school. This class is held every Thursday in September so you can be sure to find a date that fits into your calendar! E-mail us at [email protected]
to reserve your spot.

Pretty Things Acrylic Mini Album $35
Sunday September 6th @ 1pm or Wednesday September 9th @ 10:30am or 6:30pm
This stunning Acrylic Album was designed by our Guest Instructor Sonja Mclean and will be taught by Jessie. The theme for this project is “Pretty Things”, but an entire set of alphabet stickers is provided in your kit so you can customize it to suit any occasion. This class has very limited space available, so e-mail us soon to reserve your spot. [email protected]
(This class is considered a “Guest Instructor” project and is unfortunately excluded from the Birthday Club Coupon)

Jessie’s CD Sleeve Mini Album $28
Sunday September 13th @ 1pm or Wednesday September 16th @ 10:30am or 6:30pm
You know how I like to take ordinary objects and make extraordinary projects, well this is no exception! Using clear CD Sleeves and a little ingenuity we will create this lovely mini album. I used it to showcase our trip to the South of France, but the Collage Press patterned papers are versatile enough to use for any theme. Various custom chipboard embellishments and ribbon top off this special album. Space is limited, so e-mail us to reserve your spot [email protected]

Cherished Mum & Cherub Workshop ~ Back To School
Sunday September 13th @ 1pm
Frances is back and she’s got a great Back to School layout and Mini 3D Backpack to make with you! Tons of Fun in the workshop today, so if you’re interested in joining us, book your spot soon at [email protected]

CuttleBug Embossed Occasions Card Workshop $30
Saturday September 12 @ 10:30am
This is going to be a class you don’t want to miss! Using the New Release of Cuttle Bug Embossing Folders we are going to make 5 All Occasion cards using 5 different Embossing techniques! Your class fee will also include an Embossing folder of YOUR choice, whoo hoo! As we are only offering this class for one day, space will be limited and is sure to go fast so be sure to book your spot soon! E-mail us at [email protected]

Doreen’s Shutter Card Workshop $25
Sunday September 20 @ 1pm or Wednesday September 23 @ 10:30am or 6:30pm
Shutter cards are all the rage right now and Doreen is going to show you how easy they are to make! You will create 4 cards for different occasions, but be sure to send them out to friends who will appreciate these moving cards! Be sure to reserve your spot to this premier class by e-mailing us at [email protected]

Jessie’s 2010 Perpetual Birthday Calendar $28
Saturday September 26th @ 10:30am
It’s that time of year when we have to start thinking about Christmas presents! And what better gift than one you’ve made yourself and can be enjoyed for many years to come. We will create this perpetual calendar using assorted paper from Basic Gray, and ****, exclusive chipboard embellishments and assorted ribbon. This class is only offered once so be sure to reserve your spot by e-mailing us at [email protected]

Chriss’ Dates to Remember & Card Holder Album
Sunday September 27th @ 1pm or Wednesday September 30th @ 10:30am or 6:30pm
Using Daisy D paper, the Zutter Bind-it-All and her own design, Chriss has created a beautiful album to not only help you remember the very important dates in your life, but also a place to store the cards you make for those very special people. As always, space is limited so be sure to email us to reserve your spot at [email protected]

New Products in Store
This week I will be bringing in the New Release of CuttleBug Embossing Folders. Unfortunately they don’t plan on releasing any Christmas Folders until October (what are they thinking!?!) but some of these new designs are pretty awesome too!

If there is anything that you like, let me know before Wednesday @ 6pm and I will be able to get it for you. These are just a sampling, isn’t the Owl cute!!

Upcoming Events ~ The Amazing Paste Kit Club & Crop $29.99
Saturday September 12 from 6pm – Midnight
I am especially pleased to announce the September launch of our new Monthly Kit Club. This is a club like no other though, We have our own very special Expert putting together paper and embellishments from an assortment of DIFFERENT companies to create a very unique collection.
Many of the items in our kits will be from Vendors we don’t carry in the store, making these Kits extra special and in high demand!
The concept of The Amazing Paste is that we will release a new exclusive Kit Bi-Monthly, and hold an exclusive FREE Crop night for Kit Club Members. The Cherished Staff will create an assortment of projects ranging from Mini Albums to Cards to Altered Items using the items from only 1 Kit for to show you the versatility of the products. You may then stay to Crop or go home to sort through your treasures.
Kits will be limited in quantity so be sure to sign up for yours to ensure availability.
Any leftover Kits will be made available for sale in the store.

Day Crop for MS ~ $50
Saturday September 19th ~ 9am to 6pm
Cherish the Thought is very pleased to be hosting our first Day Crop to support the MS Support Group in the Tri-Cities. All of the proceeds from your Crop Fee will go to support this worthy cause and will include:
~ a Gift Bag
~ Continental Breakfast
~ High Tea @ 3pm
~ Lunch
~ Snacks
~ Games and Prizes
~ 10 square feet of Scrappin’ Space
~ Option of 2- 2 hour classes
For more information, and to register please contact Claudette Friesen at [email protected]

This comment was sent to me from one of our customers, and I would like to share it with you:

I can tell you first hand that the MS society is a lifeline for those of us who have MS. They do an excellent job providing education about the disease and support services to both patients and their families. They have helped me in so many ways, all at no cost to me. If any society puts money into their programs, this one does.” L. L.

Claudette has managed to score some great prizes including a Fossil Watch (Thanks Jamie & Chriss!) and there is still space for this amazing event so be sure to book your spot soon.

Woman’s Wellness Retreat
Above and Beyond Renaissance Mansion in Mission October 16th – 18th ~ Brought to you by Lainy
A weekend for pampering, exercising your mind, learning about yourself and just kicking back in the hot tub or watching a movie on the big screen TV. You will get a massage, a spa treatment, a chocolate fondue, a decadent goodie plate, all meals, live music and three workshops all about you. You will also be making a personal project to take home. This all inclusive weekend is a steal at $265. Workshops include “Birth Order”, “How to Talk so People Will Hear”, and “Colours”.

For More Information, please contact Lainy at [email protected]

Featured Product
What Die Cutting System is the Best?
I’ve been asked this question a lot over the past year and have usually answered “it depends on what YOU are planning to use it for”. For card making, I LOVE the Squeeze by Quickutz, too bad they’ve discontinued it. For larger shapes and alphabets, I LOVE the Revolution by Quickutz, too bad they’ve discontinued it. Sheesh! This industry is all about making new stuff and discontinuing the old, so all of us are stuck with a plethora of machines and dies that may or may not work in the new generation.
However, I am now backing the Sizzix Big Shot, and I’ll tell you why…You may have heard that the Big Shot is the best tool because it can cut any material, chipboard, acrylic, cork etc. Cool! Except that this is not entirely true. What is true, is that it can take the dies that can cut all of these things, but it can also take the dies from other companies that can’t cut chipboard, so it’s a misnomer to say the Big Shot cuts everything.
I like the Big Shot because it has cool dies that I can use to cut cool materials. But if you don’t need to cut these things then this may not be the tool for you. However, because it CAN take every die on the market, from every company out there, and they’ve been around for a long time, once you have this machine, you don’t need anything else. That’s what got me in the end. AND the fact that I manipulated it by adding a Magnetic base, so it now works like my Revolution, well, what more can I say? Cookie Cutter Dies and Nestabilities don’t move so I can ensure perfect frames every time, yippee!

So which machine is the best on the market? Ask yourself these questions
1. What am I usually cutting? paper, chipboard, acrylic?
2. Do I like dies from different companies, or just so and so’s?
3. What would I be willing to spend?

These answers should help guide you to the right machine, but when I asked them myself, the best deal for what I needed is the Big Shot, and at $79.99 you can’t beat the price! (PS – they’re coming out with a 12 x 12 version in November! Whoo Hoo!)
If you want help finding your perfect Die-Cutting machine match, come in and we’ll sort you out, I’ve done a lot of research and can point you in the right direction…

This entry was posted in Scrapbooking Online. Bookmark the permalink.

2 Responses to September Classes & Upcoming events

1. Anonymous says:

Wow I am so glad I stumbled onto your post….I have a squeeze, revolution (that I just got rid of…what was I thinking!) and a silhouette but since as I mentioned I no longer have the revolution I feel I am missing something….the epic doesn't strike my fancy and I was thinking of the Big Shot….I will probably be in tomorrow!

2. Jessie says:

Thanks for leaving your comment! I LOVE my Squeeze, but the BigShot is my new baby I hope you made it in so we could play with it?